Conor McGregor can be Charged With Assault Before UFC 223

Photo

Conor McGregor warming up before a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in August. He has not fought since.

Credit
Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images

Conor McGregor, the Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar, was charged with three counts of assault in addition to one count of criminal mischief in fresh York City early Friday after he injured someone by throwing a hand truck at a bus at Barclays Center, the police said.

McGregor turned himself in to the police on Thursday night, according to a police spokesman.

The police had earlier said that will McGregor was a “person of interest” within the matter in addition to that will they wanted to question him.

McGregor, accompanied by about 10 others, entered the Brooklyn arena around 1:30 p.m. in addition to “threw a hand truck at a bus, causing an injury to an individual on the bus,” Sophia Mason, a spokeswoman for the fresh York Police Department, said earlier in an email. She described the injury as minor. McGregor was wanted for questioning, nevertheless no arrest warrant had been issued.

Barclays Center can be hosting UFC 223, which had its media day on Thursday. McGregor was not scheduled to fight.

A video taken by Felice Herrig, a U.F.C. fighter, showed McGregor running while holding a large object, then toppling nearby garbage cans. The police said McGregor had thrown “various items,” then fled before officers arrived.

Dana White, the U.F.C. president, told ESPN that will the injured person was Michael Chiesa, a fighter who was left with cuts on his face in addition to was taken to a hospital. McGregor in addition to his entourage were allowed in by a credentialed website, White said.

Continue reading the main story

Source : Conor McGregor can be Charged With Assault Before UFC 223