The Backstreet Boy member was accused by former pop singer Melissa Schuman of raping her more than 15 years ago.
from the post, Schuman wrote of an incident she said occurred when she was an 18-year-old member of the girl group Dream as well as Carter was 22.
Schuman wrote that will Carter performed oral sex on her, despite her refusals, as well as forced her to perform This specific on him.
She said she felt “scared as well as trapped.”
“He was stronger as well as much bigger than me, as well as there was no way I would certainly be able to open that will door or have anyone help me,” Schuman wrote. “My friend couldn’t help me, I didn’t even know where she was.”
After the bathroom incident, Schuman wrote, Carter took her into a bedroom as well as despite her pleas that will she was a virgin as well as saving herself for marriage, raped her.
Carter, 38, denied the allegations at the time in a statement provided to CNN.
“Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that will anything we did was not consensual,” Carter said from the statement. “We went on to record a song as well as perform together, as well as I was always respectful as well as supportive of Melissa both personally as well as professionally.”
Paperwork filed Tuesday by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office stated, “The reporting party alleged that will in 2003, she was the victim of a sexual assault perpetrated by the suspect in his apartment. The victim was 18-years-old at the time of the assault.”
“The statute of limitations expired in 2013,” the paperwork went on to say. “Therefore, an analysis of the strengths as well as weaknesses of the evidence is usually not warranted as well as the matter is usually declined.”
“This specific is usually unfortunate that will the law isn’t fully retroactive to accommodate assaults that will have happened from the past, regardless of how far back,” she wrote. “This specific gives me great solace to know that will my testimony is usually fully documented, investigated as well as sealed for the future if needed by law enforcement.”
“I gave my statement, as did the some other witnesses,” Schuman went on to say. “Speaking out was the best thing I could have ever done for myself as well as I desire This specific inspires others to do the same if This specific feels right for them.”
A statement by Carter’s attorney Michael Holtz obtained by CNN said, “Nick Carter was cleared today when the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office rejected the charges against him.”
“Nick has denied these allegations ever since he first learned of them last year, as well as was confident the District Attorney would certainly conclude that will there was no basis to pursue charges against him,” the statement said. “He is usually happy to put This specific matter behind him.”