nevertheless that will’s not the only measurement that will illustrates the storm’s immense strength — or the threat This kind of poses to those in its path.
Here are some statistics that will show how powerful Mangkhut is actually:
- At its peak on Wednesday, Mangkhut became the strongest storm of 2018, with wind speeds of 285 kph (180 mph).
- Typhoon-force winds stretch for 270 kilometers
- Tropical storm-force winds are required to extend all the way south to the Philippines’ capital, Manila, as well as as far north as Taiwan.
- On the Philippines’ island of Luzon, more than 30 million people are required to face tropical storm-force winds.
- More than 4 million people are inside path of the most destructive typhoon-force winds in northern Luzon.
(168 miles), which is actually the distance between Paris as well as Brussels.